Those were the first words that Alan Barney ever said to me. At least the first that I can remember.
Adventures that followed were ones I never thought I'd have.
This kid has known me since I had braces, obviously.
I don't think people understand the magnitude of what we've been through together.
I've known him since my freshman year of high school.
And he knows everything about me.
I mean come on! We both look so tiny in these photos but he's seen me at all stages of life.
He's the kind of kid I drove to Idaho with to help his sister move.
Bunny capturing adventures.
He was my spider-man and I was his MaryJane.
He's the kid I didn't even freak out at when his throw up got on my face after riding the Samari at our ballroom team's day at Lagoon.
Not to mention I'm the one who got him to smile with his teeth :)
He's the kid who liked me even when I was this hideous.
This kid is what I think of when I think of high school. And somehow we managed to stay friends after graduating too.
Once again he gave my one of my best summers.
We had our rough patches, you better believe we did. But this boy has been the biggest part of my life. We've been everything from boyfriend and girlfriend, friends, acquaintances, partners, enemies, stalkers, and I'm so happy to say I'm sending him off on his 2 year mission as my very best friend.
"Every song ends, but does that give any reason to not enjoy the music?"
So dear best friend,
Thank you for being there when you could be, and for always saying sorry eventually. Thank you for still always being there even through the hard stuff. Thanks for Fifi, sparklers, enchanted forest, Nana's house, days at United Ways, holidays, movies, lagoon, flowers, rain, snowflakes, carrying me across university ave for fugitive, bonfires, crying, fighting, loving, laughing, and just being my champ. You will be the best missionary possible. Kenya is so lucky to have you.
You are my best friend.
It's astounding how much I love this boy.
They ain't got nothin on us.





No comments:
Post a Comment