Pages

16.5.10

Just another Thursday.

As I reach down from the tree limb


My fingers brush my hair back for the sixth time


Eyes wide open


I let my legs dangle off, and my head is turned to you


The leaf in my hand is delicate


I start to describe it to you


Every vein it has I relate to yours


Because I know the back of your hand so well


Then I let the leaf drop


It swaggers and sways as it hits the grass


Almost hidden with the matching colors


But it's still there


And my legs still dangle.


I begin to fall and you reach for me


Your touch is so soft, so.... familiar.


It sends a static shock through all my body


Such a sensation seldom experienced


My fingers get nervous


Intertwined in my own hands


Fidgeting violently and tapping thumb to thumb


A wind of delicious scent flirts with my nose


The day is closing.


My company soon will be leaving


I steal another glance at you


The innocence in your composure interrupts my breath


A moment after I get it back, but with it comes wonder


I think of things most young girls do


And am satisfied in my thoughts


When you cut into them with a sudden goodbye


You flash your astonishing smile, leap down, and turn around one more time


With a slight wave of your right wrist you begin your journey home


I watch your walk, so unique from any other, and gain a peace of mind


You disappears into the sun and with it my thoughts do too.


I turn to the tree to spot a lady bug, cute and small, my favorite


I pick it up let it crawl on me


Counting the spots as I do.


Then just as everything does, it leaves me, and flies away.






.



No comments:

Post a Comment