I woke up with a good clear mind, ready to seize this day.
I chose not to let the things that usually get under my skin to bother me.
I decided to love instead. I decided to trust myself.
Today I liked myself.
I don't know if that's happened in a long while either.
Today I loved other people as they are.
I smiled a lot today and I loved a lot today.
I was myself today, and even if I seem bothered I know they just love me and want me there.
And I'm grateful for that.
I thought today. And I didn't forget.
I never do.
I took chances today. Even if they were small I still took them.
I took chances to let me do things my way, the right my way.
I cried today. But not for you.
I cried for who you were. For you are not that person anymore.
I felt today. I knew myself and even what I wanted.
I spent time with people that I care about and even got things done.
I listened. To music, the spirit, to people, to laughter, to everything good.
And I felt it. I felt a difference.
Today I love you. Just like I did yesterday, and just like I will tomorrow.
I ate, and I sang, giggled, played, and jumped. Today I can't stop smiling.
Things are different. but grand.
Yesterday I called for help. Just trying to wake up everyday. Trying just to hold myself together by the fragile threads no one else can see. Sometimes I can't. Most days I do just that: simply hold myself together.
But today? Today I had nothing to hold up. It was all floating. Today I delighted in simplicity.
(Life, you're welcome to stay this way. I quite like it)
No comments:
Post a Comment