Pages

12.2.13

Every day we can play on the milky way

I love having a best friend who is Catholic. Nothing makes me happier than learning about beliefs of other people and other religions. This year I am participating in Lent.
Today is Mardi Gras and to that I say:

Hopefully I'll be able to attend Ash Wednesday tomorrow, but either way it all starts soon!

I am giving up:
Candy
Sweets
Ice Cream
Soda
Chocolate
Meat on Fridays

Also when I want to get on any social networks I will read or write in my journal instead.

Exceptions:
Valentine's Day
Emily's Birthday
1 day of Nationals
*In order to make up for these days I have to do acts of service for eating something against my Lent rules. 

I'm going to church with her in a couple of weeks and we are going to visit the beautiful cathedral in Salt Lake City.

I am so excited for this opportunity to come closer to Christ and to give up something to remind myself of him daily and draw nearer to him.

Let Lent begin. 




1 comment:

  1. The Cathedral of the Madeleine in Salt Lake is gorgeous! Try and go when their choir sings, it's heavenly.

    ReplyDelete