It wasn't for me. And that's what is hardest. The fact that I'm a stranger now and you don't care that we don't talk anymore.
It's always been hard for me to assume someone is lying to me. I believe people. Because I try my hardest to see the good in everyone and give them the benefit of the doubt. I believe in people. That everyone is good. So I trust when people tell me things.
But I've been proven wrong, and it's difficult to sort the truth (if there was any) from the lies. The things someone meant (if they meant any of it) from the things they said just to make me feel better.
Don't tell me something just to make me stop crying. Because when you don't follow through it hurts worse.
But I still believe in miracles. And I still believe in fate. I believe in dreams. And I believe in wishes. I believe in society. And I believe in people. People are good. They all are. So I won't give up on them.
Because I've been pushed down this school year.
Thing.
After thing.
After thing.
After thing.
After thing.
After thing.
And it hasn't gotten easier. Everything continues to get worse. But for some reason I'm okay. Because person after person has been there for me. At the exact right time. Just when I needed them. So I believe in people. And if may be so bold, I believe in you.

I really like you Lauren. I do. A lot. You are an amazing person with good values.
ReplyDeletelauren. i love you. you are a genuinely. kind and honest person, that is really important, and pretty rare now a days. thank you for things like this that keep people optimistic. that is a gift you have, and i appreciate it a lot.
ReplyDelete