Pages

6.4.12

you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed

Today I got my wisdom teeth out. For months i cried and cried and couldn't stand the thought, still can't. It was easy and I'm not even loopy. I did have the best anesthesiologist in the state though, my daddy. And now I sit in slobbered pain.


He'd spit into that gross metal bowl but he never complained about pain, not once. 
He wasn't the type to take medicine, in fact he refused. 
But I sat and laid and waited with him, but ended up being held all day when he was supposed to be the one who needed the help.
Jungle book, Tarzan, Finding Nemo. Movies all day. 
From ten a.m. until midnight.


It was snowing that day, which makes sense because it was December.
I was young, I didn't know what to do with my love. 
He had a shirt drenched in tears and I had a silly platypus on mine.
We brought a peanut butter Jamba, how anyone can like that is beyond me.


I slept a little bit, he slept a lot. 
I loved lose moments I felt important, like I was taking care of him.


Those little moment days where we wonder 'what if?' could have been my biggest that day.
Hour after hour I sat in thoughtful silence while the TV played the current calm disney movie.
I wouldn't have rather been anywhere else. Still wouldn't.
What does it take to make you want to sit, talking to no one, while you can't even think, more than doing anything else in the world?
Like I said, I didn't know what to do with it.


I was just little. 





No comments:

Post a Comment