Pages

18.4.13

Make me wanna roll my windows down

The last couple of days have been filled of emotion. It seems good things are coming to an end. Who knows, maybe better things are in store.

The last 2 reading days I've been semi-productive, but no matter what I do I still have test anxiety and I still get very nervous about everything. On top of it all there are just too many goodbyes that have to be said.

I have to say goodbye to my freshman roommates who I grew to love so much and grew so close to. I have to say goodbye to my 7:42 walk to school every morning in what was usually the freezing cold. I have to say goodbye to sleeping in Rachel's bed with her or stopping by the boys' dorm without being invited but always being welcomed in. I have to say goodbye to Ward prayer and sitting on the left front corner of the room. I have to say goodbye to perfectly living on the 3rd floor where taking the elevator didn't mean you're fat. I have to say goodbye to my best friends in the whole world. I have to say goodbye to living with this vibe ever again. I have to say goodbye to some of my best friends in the world.

That's a lot of emotion to put into one freshman girl's finals week. Not to mention the stress of moving into a new apartment, starting a new job, finding out about ballroom teams, and turning in mission papers.

But oh the tender mercies of the Lord. I have people here who love me and best friends serving around the world. I have best friends in California and Seattle who send me pictures in almost every letter. A boy who sends me a random letter from Japan with funny names addressed to me. A boy in Kenya who continually wants to do what is best for me, him, and the Lord. A boy in Chile who writes me infinitely long emails and knows just what to say to make me laugh. And many others who send me weekly emails about the work they are doing to gather Zion.

Even through all these goodbyes, and all the tears, and the late night crepe runs, or late night library parties, and all the moving out I seem to find beautiful things in every day.

I happen to be wearing an interestingly patterned floor length dress that could maybe make me look like I'm a pioneer. But as I was listening to Mumford & Sons while I waited for my study group, a perfect stranger came over, tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I just wanted to tell you that is a beautiful dress." Then he smiled and walked away.

Couldn't have had a more perfect moment. Couldn't have had a more perfect year.

No comments:

Post a Comment