Pages

6.4.13

We can dance in slow motion

Last night was one of the best dates I've had in my entire life. My best friends and I threw a murder mystery date and Rebeca set it all up for us.

It was perfect. We ate dinner while we all introduced our characters. Rachel and Mads made super yummy twice baked potatoes and BBQ chicken. We had name tags, envelopes with evidence and money, written story lines, and everything. We all dressed in 1920's outfits and looked dang sharp with our dates. It was seriously crazy! Everyone was lying right and left and trying to deceive in order to get information out of the other characters. Everyone got so into it and it was so much fun.

We watched Clue afterwards in honor of our murder mystery date night.
Today I got to watch General Conference with my best friends and I was so excited about all of it! I didn't even sleep through any of it. It started while Cade, Rach, and I were at Wendy's so Rach and I ran to Cade's car to listen to it. The spirit was so strong today and I could even tell you what all the talks were about! I actually understood everything that they were saying. It's like I'm growing up or something.

Along with growing up comes goodbyes. I said goodbye to Cade and Gabe today. Two of my very best friends. These boys are my brothers. I will miss going to the store with Gabe and watching all of our videos that we both find hilarious. I'll miss car rides and dinner with Cade. I'll miss laughing with Gabe because he let me be completely myself around him. I'll miss my late night talks with Cade and the fact we always somehow talked about some gospel principle and grew so much together. I'll miss playing Slender Man with Gabe and pretty much crying when he captured us. I'll miss Cade's scripture reading voice and the fact he always did everything he could for me and never complained. I'll miss Gabe calling me for advice about Sarah. I'll miss Cade letting me yell at him and then after just laughing and saying "haha, you're funny." I'll miss these boys so much.

Right now Sarah, Rach, and Alli are just sitting in our combined home living room and realizing that all our guy friends are gone. We are quite literally alone. We have no more friends! So if anyone has suggestions for guy-friend-less girls we could use them. All our boys have left us to serve the Lord, so of course we could not be more proud. But still..... we are friendless.


No comments:

Post a Comment