Am I a good investment?
Am I there when you need me most?
Am I someone you would call in the worst disaster possible?
I'm trying to be.
I'm trying to be that person for you.
Just like the words come out...
Never to be drawn back to be consumed back into the mouth,
to be locked inside the cave once again and never remembered...
My actions aren't ever taken back either.
So am I the type of person you cry to. You come to. Who makes you better?
What am I to you?
There. When it's convenient?
When Im happy? When Im silly and fun?
When I can entertain and do exactly what you want?
When I'm ready to obey?
That's what I am to you?
A post. a letter. a tree.
No emotion.
A character in your story.
To do as you will.
No. No. No.
I will be more than that.
I will be there.
I will have what I do, what I say, be what you need to hear.
Because
It isn't about me.
So as I watch your lips move as you talk.
Ill refrain.
As I cry when you don't get what you want.
Ill refrain.
When I screw up.
Ill refrain.
But it's okay.
Lay back down
No worries for you.
It's peaceful.
Go to bed.
Sleep for me.
The sun sets for me.
I know it does.
The colors are for me.
Because they know I've earned it.
I know that I've earned it.
But eventually the colors get old.
And I don't love them like I used to.
Even though I still love them.
It's just not the same.
I'm used to them.
Don't feel the spark that I did the first time I saw the beautiful array in the sky.
I still love you.
So please set for me.
Colors set for me.
...
No comments:
Post a Comment