Pages

3.10.10

I should have turned around. I should have looked again.

So. This is a ramble. I need to let out.

First. I love general conference. And today I truly realized how much I love President Monson. I also remembered how much it is my dream to serve a mission and that I will. I really will.
So many of the talks were amazing. And so many were directly what I needed to hear. I am vowing to make my life simpler and set aside time to just think. To hear what the lord wants me to do and then to execute whatever that is.




Second. Playing the board game "Guess Who" Is so much more fun when you use personality traits instead of describing what the person looks like.
i.e.: "does your person look like he spent a little too much time in the Library in high school?" "Yes."
"Does your person look like he would rob a bank?" "No."


I'm just sayin. It is a LOT more fun that way. And much more rewarding.



Third. I am thankful for the night time with best friends. For some reason it seems that the deepest and most spiritual talks with my best friends always happen in the wee hours of the night. I love that I live in a place and have the kind of friends that at our sleep-overs we often times find ourselves immersed in gospel topics. I learn so much from my friends and their views and love the new principals and eye opening experiences I have. Thanks to Emily for exactly this happening last night.

And usually I look like this. Not gonna lie.


Fourth. A few pictures I looked at this weekend and they sparked some memory to me that I haven't thought about in a while. And how much I miss certain people being there, but just because they aren't anymore doesn't mean I'm alone. People just move on and fade in and out of our lives. That doesn't mean I don't miss them and I look back and remember things like....

How much I miss this.




How I used to spend countless weekend with these two.





How this reminds me I used to take ASL.





How I saw this and flash backs flooded into my memory of this trip to Idaho, one of the funnest days I can remember with my best friend at the time.




How Mckann just kinda disappeared out out my life. And I probably shed a tear over it every day.



How in 8th Grade Emily Clark was one of the people I couldn't live without.



How I used to dance standard with Ryan and we used to be best friends.



How I used to see miss Mady Whitehead (who looks like a perfect 30's model) a lot and now I rarely do :(


And how from this.......

To this.... (oh don't mind me and my ballroom hair.......)
We have stayed best friends.




The ONE person I'd have to say has always been there for was Lydia Lorraine Nielsen. So many of the people I looked at in the pictures have helped me at such a critical point in my life, and done so much for me. And there are so many people that have been there so much like my girls Emily, Mays, and Macall, and other people that I don't want to feel left out for not mentioning! (because you've all been there too) but when I looked through my pictures of the past four years of my life I realized who has been there the ENTIRE way. And that's my girl Lyd. She has always been there when I've gone crazy, or needed a house to harbor in, while I couldn't sleep but cried all night instead. She's been there when I needed desperately to tell someone everything about me to, but hadn't ever before. She's been there when I need a good laugh and someone to imagine the crazy with me. She's been there when I needed a temple bud to do baptisms with. She's been there as we've danced together and made division one together screaming, grabbing hands, two years in a row. She's been there when I needed an escape from school and a car to go cry it out in. She's been there when I can't decide silly little things and need another person's input. She's been there when I haven't been there for her. She is the one person that for the past four years I've always been able to go to, or better yet, who comes to me when I need help because she senses that I'm having a bad day. I often think what my life would be if I hadn't ever met her and became friends with her in those 7th grade classes. Whenever I do I just think about what a blessing she is in my life and how lucky I am to have such an amazing example in my life. So many people have helped me so much and I'm grateful for all of you. But Lydia's been the one steady person in my teenage years and I just want to say thank you to her.



Fifth. That whole thing about talking about Lydia... was not planned at all. That was actually very random. But I love that girl SO much. And I really need to shower. So I'm going to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment