Pages

19.9.10

I was a flight risk, afraid of fallin

Hers mine and his

As the mysteries of the envelope unravel I remember what memories to cherish
It makes me happy, no hard feelings anymore
The words are life as they speak the past
A smile as I pass a picture, I laugh as I remember a word

A ring on my finger that October evening
the shine from our smiles brighter then the diamond
A walk down the aisle in May
A future we didn't expect

That old blue house in the middle of town came with so little
And we took so much away from it
As the grass grew high and we refused to cut it,
the kitchen rang with smells of truth.

I haven't forgotten the long nights awake,
or the song on the radio that took my breath out from me
I still smell the odor from the roughed up carpet
And the roof that took to long to stay put.

I recall the beginning and now to the end
Our little blue house changed so much as we did too
The laughs of guests, the calls from friends, the nights alone

The tears, the change, the hurt
It's all over it's gone now
I haven't moved my feet back even if i've wanted
And you haven't even looked back
It was good those years together
But I see the change in you
I see the change in me

Although the house is not ours any longer
It doesn't need us , just like you didn't need me
But when I look back, I smile, I remember
And think of only one thing to say.
Thank You.



No comments:

Post a Comment