Pages

19.12.11

Just between you and me

Lights coming from everywhere.




"What's your favorite one?" I asked as we held hand in hand.
"I'll let you know when I find it," he replied with that smile I loved.


We walked around the block commenting on each thing we thought beautiful and what it meant to us. Perfect sky out that cold December night. We passed the largest tree in the yard.


"This one is my favorite," he whispered in my ear.
"Why is that?" I wondered.
"It's big and beautiful, I don't know, it's just, it's my favorite."
"Fair Enough."




The night grew older as it always seems to do. We walked to a small side area.


"This one."
"This one?"
"Yes. It is beautiful. Among all these other elaborate lights it doesn't get noticed, but if I were driving down a street and someone had this in their yard it would be the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. It goes unnoticed here, but its simplicity is beautiful."


The corners of his mouth curled upward and I heard that chuckle I knew better than my own.


"What is it?" I had to ask.
"It's just... never mind."
"Please tell me."
"It's just, I love you."
"What? Say it again."
"I love you."
"I love you too."


And as he leaned in the lights behind us looked more wonderful than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment