As my little sister's legs swing forward I push her with all my might.
I love to laugh with her as I listen to the noise of the weather
The earth is upset,
As she send her tears of rain upon us.
I try to think back to when it ended.
When was it I actually stopped crying myself to sleep?
I don't anymore.
But I did.
For months. At what point was it over?
It's comforting to know I'm not alone
As I watch the millions of tears drop from the sky.
As my tongue tastes the cinnamon roll I gaze out at the beauty of it all
The rain makes the earth strong.
It makes it beautiful
Things grow
People live
Spirits dance
And it's a better place because of the tears shed from above
Just as I am.
I'm stronger
I'm a more beautiful person
And my spirit dances as it grows
As my tears have made me a better person. Stronger.

No comments:
Post a Comment