She held onto it. Admired it. Loved it.
She didn't want to eat it because then it would be gone and she wanted to savor it.
After drooling and wanting and simply needing the candy she opened the wrapper.
One lick and she was attached.
Then someone came up and grabbed it right out of her hands.
She was sad, hurt, and wanted that candy back.
She didn't have enough money for another one.
The person threw her candy on the ground.
She cried and she was broken, just like her candy.
The sad little girl looked up with big Brown eyes to the top shelf on her dresser.
Standing on her tip-toes she got her piggy bank down.
When she reached in there wasn't enough money.
Her candy had been given, then snatched right away.
Now it was broken.
She decided she would save her money for a different candy.
This time she would get an even better candy.
One with many colors.
She would make sure no one took it.
She would save and save.
But she knew she would get her candy someday.
And when she did, she would be happier than ever before.
Lauren! I love this! it's so sad but so true and so cute! did you write it?
ReplyDeleteanyways I love it! except not even as close of how much I love you!! Miss you!
Yes I wrote it! haha I LOVE you Chrysta-a-lyn finch.
ReplyDelete